My name's Szymon Rutkowski. My work and interests exist somewhere between programming, Natural Language Processing research
and early modern history.
Lately I've been working on open source search engine software.
My email is [my first name] @ [this site].
You can reach me at Matrix.org as @szmr.
I'm not on Facebook or any of its properties.
- ActualScan (English) - open source search engine software: index sites, search them with text analytics
- Ciesiołka Znaków (Polish) - my old blog mainly about applications of lingustics (word morphology) and machine learning in language processing
- The Old Republic (English, Polish) - explorations into controversies, ideologies and political debates in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, before 1795
- Estimating senses with sets of lexically related words for Polish word sense disambiguation (with P. Rychlik and A. Mykowiecka), GWC 10: ClarinPL
- Evaluation of basic modules for isolated spelling error correction in Polish texts, LTC 19: ArXiv
- History – 2020, Uniwersytet Warszawski:
Język laudów sejmikowych w latach 1572-1696 jako przedmiot badań komputerowych (Language of local assembly (sejmik) resolutions as a subject of computational research)
/As a historian, I'm mostly interested in civic republicanism and its roots in early modernity. My recent projects concern computer
processing of resolutions of sejmiks, "town meetings" of nobility in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth./
- Cognitive Science – 2018, Uniwersytet Warszawski:
Modele automatycznego poprawiania błędów w języku polskim (Models of automatic spelling correction for Polish)
(I also experimented with biological neural nets, as described here,
see also the repo)