My name is Szymon Rutkowski. I do language processing for a living, and I believe in healthy integration of linguistic knowledge, machine learning and good general computer science.
I am also a historian, most interested in civic republicanism and its roots in early modernity. My current projects concern computer processing of documents of sejmiks, "town meetings" of nobility in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. I hope to get some research from my Master's thesis published fairly soon.
Privately I happen to be a minor hi-fi buff and a Lisp enthusiast.
My email is [my first name] @ [this site].
- Lookupy Tech Blog (English) - an analytic search app for internet opinion that I'm building, and Natural Language Processing in general
- Ciesiołka Znaków (Polish) - my old blog mainly about applications of lingustics (word morphology) and machine learning in language processing
- The Old Republic (English, Polish) - explorations into controversies, ideologies and political debates in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, before 1795
- Estimating senses with sets of lexically related words for Polish word sense disambiguation (with P. Rychlik and A. Mykowiecka), GWC 10: ClarinPL
- Evaluation of basic modules for isolated spelling error correction in Polish texts, LTC 19: ArXiv
- History – 2020, Uniwersytet Warszawski:
Język laudów sejmikowych w latach 1572-1696 jako przedmiot badań komputerowych (Language of local assembly (sejmik) resolutions as a subject of computational research)
- Cognitive Science – 2018, Uniwersytet Warszawski:
Modele automatycznego poprawiania błędów w języku polskim (Models of automatic spelling correction for Polish)
(I also experimented with biological neural nets, as described here,
see also the repo)